Regular readers will now we put up a post in October 2010 detailing which vendorid field was required to allow the word template version of the remittance advice to email correctly.
Well we have found another such required field, this time in the SOP Blank History Invoice.
SOP Blank History Invoice only works if the SOP Number from SOP Transaction Amounts History is the key break field on H1 and F1 in the Dynamics GP report. In other words “SOP Number" needs to come from the SOP HDR History table instead of the SOP LINE History table.
We are generally finding these sort of issues where a report has been modified in a prior version and then upgraded to 2010.
Here are the steps to change this:
1. Open up Report Writer and change Header Dummy 1 to use the Sales Transaction Amounts History table. Make sure the field SOP Number is selected as the break field.
2. Change Footer "Back Order" to use the Sales Transaction Amounts History table. Make sure the field SOP Number is selected as the break field.
3. Save the report.
4. Go back into GP and print the report to Standard > File > XML File. Make sure you select XML file in the file name window as well. Generate the XML File.
5. Reports>Template Maintenance. Pull up their template and click Modify. In Word, go to Field List and choose Remove Source.
6. Then choose Add Source and point it to your XML file from step 4.
7. Save the template.
8. Go back to GP and click the Green plus sign and point it to the newly saved template from step 7. Replace the template.
9. Now go email the report and it should work.
Blogs - ASP.NET Weblogs
16 minutes ago